Seven Virtues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seven Virtues

Seven Virtues Guild in Shards of Dalaya MMORPG Game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oumaj

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Oumaj Empty
PostSubject: Oumaj   Oumaj EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 3:17 pm

=========================
Main's Name: Oumaj -supeme
Main's Class: Monk
AA/Tomes: Everything useful except for a few opuses.
Giant/Dragon Faction: Giant ally.
Alternate Characters (Class/Level):

Acirau Cleric/t11 -eternal
-Was mained in a few guilds; was an alt in most.

Poleesi Rogue/t11 -eternal
-Was mained in <Resurgum> and <Quality Preowned Bots> for a while.

Garrey Warrior/t11 -supreme
-Was created for/mained in <Novus Ornidatum>

Awkmaj Shaman/t10 -holy
-Was created to be an adept healer, but was geared/mained in/for <Altrustic Valorions> because of their no-ringer policy.

Samii Enchanter/10ish -energy (just needs baldakans for runic1)
-Was mained in <Group Three> (A guild an in-game friend of mine created for his IRL friends who were new to the server.)

Raxrael Bard/t9ish with no charm.
-Was my first character on this server, but was never able to be mained anywhere this toon tiered up on rots in
<Phoenix Rising> when we needed a bard on raids until Aanallain became the main bard.

Ouma[i] monk/57 t7-8ish gear. (Adept monk for Traekoth ringering.)

...a whole slew of buff bots, including:
Yacritz paladin
-Originally created for crits in catacombs.
I'd have random people box him in. That's where all of his exp from level 1 to 65 came from.

Daughtz mage
-This toon is geared mostly from rots, but was also played in <Weekend Warriors> for a while as a main until
diablo 3 came out and the guild died.
..etc.

Quests done (MainQuest Augment, Faction Augment, Combine Armor, Giant/Dragon Augment, Vah, PoLore etc):

Sponsors (if you know anyone in <Seven Virtues> already, tell us!):
I don't know if anyone would 'sponsor' me but I know quite a few of your members. I'm sure I need no
introduction.

1. When do you play and where are you from? How many raids do you presume to be able to attend a week?
I log in to the game to track and kill what I see. Then I have nothing to do and log back off of the game.
I could play literally 24/7 if I wanted but I have nothing useful to do right now.
I was helping lead raids in <Altruistic Valorions> but the recent inundation of bugs have demotivated
the core of our members and raids seem to have ceased at some point during my absence.

2. Experience - What raid experience do you have on SoD, if any? If you played live and raided, you can give us info on that too. Tell us what classes this experience is with.
I've done almost all of the content on SoD on every class. I'm probably the least familiar with the mechanics of bst(post revamp)/necro/mage at higher tiers.
Here's what I haven't done:
-OG content other than KK/curator.
-Ju'bor.
-a few of the final fights in Plane of Entropy.
-A few obscure fights in Plane of earth.
-Most of City of Mercy (mostly because all of my characters except for Oumaj are pleged to that zone.)

3. Guild History – What guilds have you been in?
Too many to remember. I started playing the game October 1, 2006. Here's a brief list of some of the
one's I can remember off of the top of my head.
<House of Incandeza>(leveling/adept guild) <Phoenix Rising> <Bane>(twice; yuck)
<Blight of Karma> (a t1 raiding guild; I was one of the better geared people because I farmed plat for deepmetal/shadowsilk on my characters lol)
<Fusion> (I wasn't in this guild for very long because the raiding environment was toxic.)
<Mjolnir> (This is where I made my monk and fell in love with it.)
<Novus Ornidatum> (good people/casual family guild.)
<Ethereal> (I lead raids there and got them to t10 before I started losing raid spots to people's alts.)
<Exodus> (More on this below.)
<Chaotic Winds> (The guild had a few great people but horrible leadership.)
<Weekend Warriors/Big Budget Sundog Riders> (Lead by Oozu/me originally, then me/Chronodar until diablo3 killed the guild.)
<Resurgum> (I was in this guild multiple times for short periods as a friend-tag. I don't like their loot system and only tagged there to talk to a few friends.)
<Quality Preowned Bots> (I was one of the guild leaders.)
<Prophecy> (I joined to help Xerokine(eldarian) when he was leading it for a while; I quit when their officers came back and wanted to take control over everything.)
<Ringer's Only> (I was in the guild for a couple of weeks; I left before 2.5 came out, I think.)
<Group Three> (My friend lead this guild and I helped lead raids/ringer sometimes.)

4. Other - stuff about your self that you might want to add, or why you want to join <Seven Virtues>, etc...
The only thing I want to add is about my departure from <Exodus> back in the day. I think this will
be the only point of contention with regard to my acceptance, or declination.

I know there's still bad blood between some people and myself but I believe that it's misguided.
I'd like to elucidate to you why it was that I joined <Exodus> in the first place.

I was in Novus Ornidatum at the time, and my friend had Oozu told me that they were looking for people.
Novus had started to die because Thaz was removed and people were extremely butt-hurt.
I wanted something to do. I asked Thanman, to whom Oozu refered me.
(You probably know him as Alpharious or many other toons.)
He told me that I wouldn't be able to get my monk into raids because, at the time, Fedodo/Thanman/Aecav
were all very active.
He told me that I could, however, play my cleric as a 'main' on raids and bid on my monk as an 'alt'
(at a rate of 2x dkp cost) and that I'd mostly take rots.
I wasn't elated about this, but I had no better options and so I agreed and applied.

When I got into the guild, I rarely got Oumaj into raids, and when I did people were never happy about it.
(I didn't expect to get him in if there wasn't room, and I didn't expect to be the first to get anything; that's fine.)
Even so, doing things like the CoD2 event for him caused more drama than it should have. Half of the guild
waited in Spires once the mains had their quests completed. Only a boxed crew of about 9-10 people stayed
to help get everyone's alts finished while the rest of the raid pouted about having to wait.
Also, to be frank, I played other people's characters, like Zummba, Oozu, Glim, Minlas, Trompor..etc. as much,
if not more, than Oumaj to help raids happen and to prevent rots. I genuinely tried my best to help out and
to be the good guy --and I think I was.
Look, what it comes down to is this: I was forced to play a toon I didn't enjoy; but, despite that fact I had
the highest attendance in the guild other than Aecav from the time I joined, up until the time that I left.

Eventually, college started up and I couldn't make raids in the mornings. I thought about staying tagged but
taking a break from SoD until the semester ended. We'd probably all be on better terms if I had, sure.

Around this time, though, there was some drama over Melek Taus in Emberflow. I had passed the last 3
tomes he dropped on Acirau to various people in the guild because I didn't care enough about my cleric
to take them from someone who did. When I got my monk in and won a roll, I was excommunicated from
6man events henceforth (at least all of the ones that Anti formed/Draeos and a few others formed).
I needed nothing from raids anymore and I couldn't get the few pieces of loot that I was missing from
6 man encounters --such as Crystalis (Pre-nerf), Gloomshroud, Rohk augs..etc.

Next, a new rule was added that stated that one couldn't bid more than 50 dkp on one's alt unless one's
main had an eternal charm or better. Which was laughable because my 'alt' had a supreme charm and
was the toon that I wanted to gear in the first place. This rule seemed to have been made in spite of me,
considering that it was promulgated immediately after I outbid a beastlord on some Gongoerth items.

I thought about my options for a long time. I tried to keep myself interested by amassing DKP and collecting
niche items like Id, Barbed Choker of Pride for my cleric. Unfortunately, with the 6man drama, the new
rule, and Memu raging and changing his information frequently around that time, I wasn't able to stay
motivated.

Ultimately, I left the guild and joined <Chaotic Winds>. I was allowed to main my monk there.
I was able to form my own 6man groups and gear not only the toon I enjoyed playing, but toons of my friends.
Sure that guild had a few assholes in it, but it had a few good people. More importantly, I was playing a class
that I didn't hate. That actually makes the game fun, even if you are surrounded by a group of people that
you don't like, who also don't like you.

That all having been said, if I do get into the guild. I'd like to be on a class that I enjoy. I don't care about
getting any 'alts' into raids. If something is rotting, sure, whatever. I just want to autoattack things on the
monk and have some fun. I'm over what happened in the past, and I hope that some of you will be too.
Back to top Go down

Oumaj Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oumaj   Oumaj EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 3:42 pm

so you want to play your cleric, got it.

BS aside good luck on your app, no clue if euros still hold a grudge against you.
Back to top Go down
Binsin

Oumaj Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oumaj   Oumaj EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 3:53 pm

I hold no bad feeling for Oumaj other than he dosnt exp Binsin enough... or at all for that matter. SHAME.

Im all for getting someone who can play almost any class efficiently. or just someone who actually logs on is nice.
Back to top Go down

Oumaj Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oumaj   Oumaj EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 4:09 pm

Binsin wrote:
I hold no bad feeling for Oumaj other than he dosnt exp Binsin enough... or at all for that matter. SHAME.

Im all for getting someone who can play almost any class efficiently. or just someone who actually logs on is nice.

Daneries and I are going to form a group soon. You should come!
We were exping in HoM earlier but he had to bail for some EF. =X
Back to top Go down

Oumaj Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oumaj   Oumaj EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 5:19 pm

At this point in the game there should be no bad mojo because there's like 30 ppl left... unless it's marthog because that's fair
Back to top Go down
tink

Oumaj Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oumaj   Oumaj EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 1:58 pm

daenar wrote:
At this point in the game there should be no bad mojo because there's like 30 ppl left... unless it's marthog because that's fair
See, even Daenar and I agree *again* Suspect
Back to top Go down
Corlin

Corlin

Oumaj Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oumaj   Oumaj EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 3:49 pm

I have always liked this dude; very helpful to other players and progresses his characters. I don't know much of the guilds history, but in my opinion he is good people.
(he also plays a mean guitar)
Back to top Go down
Shuks

Oumaj Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oumaj   Oumaj EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 8:58 am

I always got along with him...but to be fair my real life job has taught me how to play with anyone in a team environment.
Back to top Go down

Oumaj Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oumaj   Oumaj EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 6:08 am

Poleesi wrote:
<Chaotic Winds> (The guild had a few great people but horrible leadership.)

ice cold man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oumaj Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oumaj   Oumaj Empty

Back to top Go down

Oumaj
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Seven Virtues :: Getting Started :: Application-
Jump to: